Accommodation is offered to fellow free-flyers in our home on an informal Bed & Breakfast basis.
Accommodation is available in the following rooms:
- The CUMULUS Room - this room has three single beds (or one double and a single) and can be used by couples or singles. It has an en-suite bathroom. There is shared access to the large deck.
- The NIMBUS Room - this room has three single beds (or one double and a single) and can be used by couples or singles. It has an en-suite bathroom. There is shared access to the large deck.
- The CIRRUS Room – this room has three single beds, and wardrobe space for each person. It also opens out onto a shared deck with views of the neighbouring park. This room is ideal for friends traveling together, or small families, or couples.
- The STRATUS room – is a double room, with large wardrobe space and also opens onto the shared deck with views of the neighbouring park.
Ideal for couples.
- The LENTICULAR room – is two single beds, and also opens onto the shared deck with views of the neighbouring park. Ideal for friends.
Cirrus, Stratus and Lenticular share 2 bathrooms, each containing hand basin, shower and toilet.
We can comfortably accommodate 13 persons.
All bed linen; pillows; duvets, and towels are supplied.
The house has 4 bathrooms upstairs with a shower, toilet and sink in each.
The lounge has satellite TV; video machine; DVD; Hi-fi and a variety of books and magazines. There is also a comprehensive video & DVD collection.
Breakfasts consist of fresh home baked bread, cereals, eggs, fruit and yoghurt, the normal tea, coffee, fruit juices and honey from our own hives.
Weather briefing and recommended site information given each day at breakfast
Our B&B rates are R400 per person per night sharing, R550 for a requested single room.
If you are a student on a Cloudbase course you will receive a 5 percent discount on the B&B Rates.
As this is our home, guests are welcome to join us for an informal dinner at a cost of R170 per person for a two course meal. In keeping with South African tradition every Saturday night will be a braai night (also only R170 per person). Khobi, who once ran her own restaurant in the Caribbean, will be more than happy to take requests for your favourite dishes. Dinners are available Wednesday, and Saturday night on request.
Packed lunches are also available on request.
For your convenience an honesty type bar service is provided for those after flying drinks.
There are also a number of good restaurants in Wilderness for those who would rather eat out, and we will be happy to recommend our favourites.
Over Christmas season we always have lots of happy guests and so we throw a Christmas day party ---- after flying of course !!
Where is it?
The house is situated in Wilderness East :
600m from The Wilderness Beach Hotel.
800 m from the beach.
50m from the Kingfisher trail.
500m from the N2 national road
600m from the inter-city coach stops.
The village of Wilderness is 4 km to the west.
We also have a wonderful uninterrupted view of the Wilderness National Park Wetlands.
We have had a lot of friends staying longer than they expected!!